1. The oldest surviving carpet is the celebrated Pazyryk carpet, which is over 2,000 years old. It was found in the 1940s in a Scythian tomb in southern Siberia.
2. A person sheds about 1.5 million skin flakes an hour, most of which become embedded in our carpets.
3. Early Hoover vacuum cleaners were hard to sell because potential customers refused to believe (and were even insulted by the suggestion) that they could have that much dirt in their carpets.
4. There’s more red carpet rolled out in front of the Golden Globes ceremony (30,000 square feet) than any other awards show. That’s because the Beverly Hilton has such a huge, sprawling, U-shaped driveway.
5. Scientists believe that more than 43 million tons of dust falls over the U.S. every year. Indoor air usually contains about twice as much dust as the air outside. That’s a million microscopic particles in a cubic inch of air. Change your furnace filters and vacuum OFTEN!
Your Floor-Covering Experts in Northern Michigan
For over 34 years now, the floor-covering experts at the Kiss Carpet Design Center have been helping satisfied homeowners in Northern Michigan achieve their floor covering dreams. As a family-owned business, we build long-term relationships using an open and honest customer service approach that’s transparent and seamless.
We will guide you, not sell you, through the entire design and installation process. To learn more about the Kiss Carpet Design Center today, stop by one of our convenient showrooms in Traverse City, Harbor Springs or Mancelona, or contact us now.